When a loved one falls ill, sending them a get well soon message can encourage healing by providing them with emotional support even though the two of you may not be able to be together. Your get well wishes can make someone ill or recovering feel less isolated and alone.
These messages can aid recovery and improve someone’s emotional well-being, reminding the recipient that you’re thinking of them. But what should you say in a get well soon message? Should you be funny or cheerful? Keep reading to find some get well messages you can use to support your loved ones emotionally.
- Heartfelt Get Well Soon Messages
- Short and Simple Get Well Messages
- Get Well Soon Messages for Friends, Family, and Relatives
- Funny Get Well Messages
- Get Well Messages for Co-workers and Classmates
- Encouraging Get Well Soon Quotes
- Tips for Writing a Get Well Soon Message
- Other Ways to Say Get Well Soon
- Show You Care with Get Well Messages
Heartfelt Get Well Soon Messages
A heartfelt get well soon message can make the recipient feel less alone and more motivated while recovering from an illness or injury.
A few possible messages you can use include:
1. Sending all my love while you recover.
2. We miss you more every day and hope you get better soon.
3. We’re thinking of you while you’re on the road to recovery.
Short and Simple Get Well Messages
Short and simple speedy recovery messages are typically accompanied by other get well gifts, such as flowers or fresh fruit baskets.
A few ideas include:
4. Feel better soon.
5. Thinking of you.
6. See you soon.
Get Well Soon Messages for Friends, Family, and Relatives
Get well soon messages for friends and family can either be short and sweet or more heartfelt, depending on your relationship with them and what they’re going through.
A few examples include:
7. Get well soon because the kids and I miss you.
8. I can’t wait to be with you again. Get well soon!
9. Counting the days until we can be together again.
10. We’ll get through it together. I’m always here for you.
11. I love you. I miss you. I’m here to help.
Funny Get Well Messages
Funny get well messages can make the recipient smile during a difficult time.
A few ways to make your loved one laugh while they’re recovering include:
12. Missing you and all the work you do around here.
13. Wishing you a speedy recovery! We're tired of being nice to you.
14. Hopefully, your illness will get sick of you soon.
Get Well Messages for Co-workers and Classmates
Writing speedy recovery messages for co-workers and classmates can be challenging since you may not know them very well. While you want these messages to be professional, they should also be friendly and offer support.
A few ideas include:
15. We’re looking forward to seeing you when you’re feeling better.
16. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
17. Thanks for keeping your germs at home!
Encouraging Get Well Soon Quotes
Encouraging get well soon quotes can help motivate the recipient and give them the hope they need to promote their healing.
A few encouraging quotes to share with the recipient include the following:
18. “You're in pretty good shape for the shape you are in.” - Dr. Seuss
19. “I wonder why you can always read a doctor’s bill and you can never read his prescription.” - Finley Peter Dunne
20. “I believe that the greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you.” - Joyce Meyer
Tips for Writing a Get Well Soon Message
Writing your own get well soon message can be challenging. Whether the message should be heartfelt, funny, or professional depends on your relationship with the recipient. For instance, get well soon wishes for friends differ from those for spouses or co-workers.
Here are a few tips to help you write a unique get well soon message:
Keep your tone positive
Having a positive tone is encouraging. Whether someone is recovering from an illness, disease, or injury, your get well soon message should give them strength. Positive messages from friends and family during a difficult time can help someone get through a recovery even when they aren’t feeling their best.
Consider the recipient and your relationship with them. If you think they’ll appreciate humor, a funny get well soon message may be a good idea because it can make them laugh during a tough time.
Avoid providing medical advice
You should never provide medical advice to someone recovering from an illness or injury. The odds are they already know about their illness because they’ve spoken directly with their doctors. Providing medical advice in a get well soon message can be dangerous for them.
In addition, offering medical advice can be frustrating for the recipient because they’re already doing everything they can to get better. Instead, your get well soon message should be encouraging, thoughtful, or funny to put a smile on their face and lift their spirits.
Be empathetic and genuine
Your get well soon messages can be short and sweet while remaining compassionate and sincere. You’re sending the recipient a get well soon message because you care about them. Your note should show them how much you care regardless of the number of words you use or how you say it.
Other Ways to Say Get Well Soon
While a get well soon card is a great way to show someone recovering from an illness you're thinking of them, there are several other ways to demonstrate you care.
Other ways to say get well soon include the following:
- Provide a gift basket. A get well gift basket does more than share your well wishes; it shows you care by supplying them with small treats like brownie bites or cookies. These delicious snacks can provide a pick-me-up that improves their mood while ensuring they eat during recovery.
- Offer your time. Sometimes, the best way to support someone’s recovery is to be there for them by spending time together or helping them with daily tasks. Apart from a gift box or present, one of the best ways to encourage healing is to offer your time and help the recipient somehow. For instance, you can offer to cook for them, do their laundry, or assist with small chores around the house, like caring for their children or pets.
- Follow up regularly. Sending someone a get well soon message lets them know you’re thinking of them, but you should always follow up regularly. They want to know they’re important to you, so texting or calling regularly can be a great way to follow up while making them feel less isolated.
- Give flowers or plants. Flowers and plants are another great way to show someone you care. They’re especially common gifts in hospitals because they brighten the room while making it feel more like home. In addition, flowers symbolize health, happiness, and wellness. Therefore, they can be motivational for individuals who aren’t feeling their best.
Show You Care with Get Well Messages
Sending someone well wishes can promote the healing process while making them feel less alone. Sweet treats like brownie bites, cookies, and cookie cakes can lift their spirits and encourage them to eat. Delicious snacks and thoughtful messages can go a long way in helping someone feel better during a difficult time.
Send your co-worker, family member, or friend a delicious treat that lifts their spirits. Shop our selection of sweet treats, including everything from cookie boxes to gifts with plushies, and add a get well message for your loved one. Order online today or pick up in-store.