10 Cupcake Toppers That Wow
The only thing more fun than cupcakes are creative cupcake toppers. The right topper turns your dessert into part of the decoration. We’ve searched for our ten favorite ideas to take your toppers over the top.
10. Washi Tape Flags. This idea couldn’t be simpler or easier to execute, but packs a big wow factor. Choose a washi tape you like (there are literally zillions of colors and patterns available at your craft store) and wrap it around a toothpick, then trim it into a flag shape. Easy peasy.
9. The Pineapple Flower. Believe it or not, this delicate yellow flower is actually a thin slice of fresh pineapple, dried and shaped to look like an exotic blossom.
8. Caramel Spirals. These delicate spirals look like spun gold, but are actually spun caramelized sugar (even better!) and look amazing on top of cupcakes. A few simple ingredients, a little bit of technique, and you’ve got an unforgettable topper.
7. Vintage Book Page Cutouts. The yellowed pages of text can be cut out into any shape for a pretty, interesting display. Make your own, or buy them in bulk.
6. Chocolate Filigree. It’s like a delicate little doodle that looks like lace on top of a cupcake. These are easy to make in large quantities. (Use the same technique to write out words in cursive!)
5. Tiny Edible Books. Fruit leather wrapped around white chocolate makes the happiest little books to top your cupcakes. Make a whole library.
4. Gelatin Bubbles. A great big bubble on top of a cupcake seems an impossibility until you check out this technique. Imagine all the fun colors you could produce.
3. Babyface Toppers. A little bit of scissor-and-glue work and you’ve got highly personalized, highly adorable toppers that are ready to party.
2. Pom Pom Toppers. Cupcakes are for celebration, and so are pom poms. Bright and fun, they will make you want to “rah, rah, rah!”
1. Fondant Gilded Feathers. These feathers are so beautiful, it’s hard to believe they’re edible! This topper takes a bit of time, but the result is beyond extraordinary.