5 Can’t-Go-Wrong Hostess Gifts
If you’re staying with friends or family for the holidays, or simply headed to a holiday party, we’ve got a list of home-runÂ hostess gift ideas to expressÂ your gratitude and keep those invitations coming for years to come. A hostess gift doesn’t have to be lavish or complicated, but it should be thoughtful. Here are five gifts that every host will appreciate.
1. Take out containers for doggy bags. Stock up on a range of to-go containers from a restaurant supply store and gift them to your host.Â When the party is over, she can send guests home with easy, attractive doggy bags without raiding her own supply of dishes.
2. A fresh, new apron. Immediately useful and appreciated, an apron is an ideal hostess gift. And if you offer to put it on and help in the kitchen, even better!
3. Fresh flowers. You can never go wrong with a beautiful, neutral bouquet. (Be sure to provide a vase so that your host doesn’t have to figure out or arrange the display.)
4. Coasters. Easy and thoughtful, coasters are a great hostess gift because they can be put to use right away to protect the host’s furniture. Cork coasters are safe and absorbent and affordable. Add a personalized touch with some simple paint.
5. Relaxation. Nobody needs moments of relaxation like a host after the party. Whether it’s a spa certificate (if you’re staying a week in somebody’s house), a jar of bath salts, or a lavender-scented candle, your host will appreciate a few moments zen whenÂ the party is over.