2014 Holiday Shipping Tips and Deadlines
Here’s a handy guide to keep you ahead of the game for the holiday season. Between holiday parties, performances and general hustle-and-bustle, shipping your holiday gifts can get stressful. Keep tabs on this information to avoid holiday headaches.
- Did you know that you can shop for holiday gifts from Mrs. Fields anytime and choose the day you’d like them delivered? That’s right, you can shop early, but have your fresh, delicious gifts delivered just in time for….well, whatever! You pick the delivery date and pay only standard shipping rates. Genius, right?
- For packages you ship yourself, did you know that you can order free Priority Mail shipping supplies on usps.com and have them delivered to your door, free of charge? This allows you to skip the lines at the post office altogether.
- Use at least one inch of cushioning around items shipped. Fill in any empty space with cushioning, so that when your box is sealed and you shake it, there is very little movement inside.
- Beware of re-using cardboard boxes too many times for shipping. The materials are more likely to break down, tear, or rip after three uses.
- If you’re purchasing large, heavy or otherwise awkward items for gifts, consider purchasing them online and having them shipped directly to your recipient. The manufacturer will have better supplies and more expertise with shipping such items.
Mrs. Fields Christmas Shipping Deadlines:
- December 17 – Last day for Standard shipping
- December 18-22 (2:45 p.m. cutoff) – 2-Day shipping deadline
- December 23 – Overnight shipping deadline
USPS 2014 Christmas Shipping Deadlines:
To ensure that holiday mail and packages are delivered in time for Christmas, the Postal Service recommends the following mailing and shipping deadlines:
- December 2 – First-Class Mail International
- December 2 – Priority Mail International
- December 10 – Priority Mail Express International
- December 15 – Standard Post
- December 17 – Global Express Guaranteed
- December 20 – First-Class Mail
- December 20 – Priority Mail
- December 23 – Priority Mail Express