10 New Things to Roast on a Stick
Move over marshmallows and hot dogs, there’s much more to campfire cuisine! We’ve got 10 delicious ideas for your next cookout, so grab a stick and take note.
- Starburst Candy. Unwrap a piece, skewer it with a stick, and let it get warm and gooey before popping it in your mouth or squishing between two Vanilla wafers.
- Bacon. Weave a strip of bacon on your stick and let it roast to crispy perfection over open flames.
- Peeps. Okay, technically a marshmallow, but the sugary crust gets caramelized in the fire and makes the treat entirely new.
- Sea Scallops. Marinate first in lemon and sprinkle with kosher salt before roasting over the fire until edges are seared and crisp.
- Apples. Skewer a whole apple with a sturdy stick and roast over the fire until it starts to “sing” or whistle. Serve with cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Corn on the Cob. Use a sturdy stick to skewer an ear of corn and roast until you get a nice char. Delicious!
- Breadsticks. Wrap breadstick dough around a stick and roast until bread is puffy and golden brown.
- Asparagus. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper, then roast asparagus over the fire until it glistens.
- Kielbasa. Spicy sausage is a perfect match for open flames. Roast until the juices start to burst and bubble out.
- String Cheese. Roast until bubbly on the outside and eat straight off the stick or between bread or crackers with a spoonfulÂ of marinara sauce.
Do you have a favorite food to roast on a stick? Share your ideas in the comments!