Great Ideas for Tackling Road Trips
If your summer plans include a road trip with the kids, the difference between whines of “Are we there yet?” and happy campers usually comes down to some smart planning ahead. We’ve found some genius ideas to make life on the road easy, so take note and buckle up!
1. Tackle Box Snacks. Forget expensive gas station grub along the way. Get the kids their own inexpensive tackle box and fill the individual compartments with a colorful mix of healthy and fun options.
2. Individual Coloring Kits. Keep colored pencils and paper in a handy kit by reinventing a DVD case. It’s easy to pack and store for any kind of travel.
3. Canvas Shoe Bag Organizers. Keep the car tidy and everything in reach with this clever idea. A simple canvas shoe organizer can be tied around the seat and filled with toys, books, snacks and supplies.
4. Stop for Scenic Outlooks. A great way to ensure fabulous photos from your trip and plenty of rest for the travelers is to commit to stop for scenic outlooks. There is often ample space to park, bathroom facilities, and the kids will enjoy watching for the random signs.
5. A Map for Everyone. One of the best ways to avoid, “Are we there yet?” is to equip the kids with their own map or atlas. They can follow along, look for upcoming towns, and they may even be able to help you avoid getting lost.
Do you have a favorite road trip tip? Share your ideas in the comments!