Hooray for National Popcorn Day!
Today is National Popcorn Day! Did you know?
- Americans consume 16 billion quarts of popcorn per year.
- U.S. popcorn comes primarily from only seven states.
- Popping popcorn is the number one use for microwave ovens.
- There are two shapes of popped popcorn: snowflake and mushroom. Snowflake is used for movie theater popcorn and mushroom is used in confections because it holds its shape.
- Kernels can pop up to three feet into the air!
Popcorn is such a fun and versatile ingredient. It’s delicious on its own, sprinkled with a touch of butter and salt, or completely decked out in flavors both savory and sweet! Some of our favorite popcorn recipes are Caramel Sea Salt Popcorn Balls and Popcorn and Peanut Cookies. And did you know that you can bypass all the strange chemicals and pop your own microwave popcorn using a simple brown lunch bag?
And most importantly, did you know that Mrs. Fields has a delicious assortment of gourmet popcorn tubs and tins? If you haven’t tried them before, use code 14AEB at checkout for 20% off any of our incredible popcorn gifts. Because, really, is there a better way to celebrate National Popcorn Day? We think not!