DIY Bleach Designs
There’s a hot new trend out there on the clothing racks that you can do yourself in your very own home, with supplies you already have on hand. These DIY bleach designs are a fun way to personalize your new fall jeans (and save money while you’re at it). And don’t stop at jeans. You can add your own designs to t-shirts, tablecloths and napkins too! Follow these tips for best results:
- Practice your method on an old rag or t-shirt and allow it to completely set.
- Try different tools for different designs, like pencil erasers, toothpicks, Q-tips, sponges, brushes or rags.
- For jeans, place cardboard in the legs to keep bleach from seeping through the other side.
- Prepare the surface below your fabric. Cookie sheets, garbage sacks or bathtubs are safe surfaces.
- Bleach pens are great for freestyle writing and designs.
- Allow bleach to set for at least an hour before washing and drying to set the design.
Try out these fun ideas featured in the photo with full DIY instructions: