Breakfast Brain Foods
The difference between a good day and a great day can be a smart breakfast, packed full of vitamins and nutrients that will keep your brain alert all day long. Trade in starches, carbs and sugar for some of these delicious high-powered alternatives:
- Yogurt parfait with plain Greek yogurt (protein), walnuts (omega-3s), and fresh berries (antioxidants) with a small drizzle of honey
- Omelet (protein) cooked in olive oil with fresh tomatoes (antioxidant) and spinach (iron and fiber)
- Fresh smoothie made with Greek yogurt (protein), fresh bananas (potassium), berries (antioxidants) and a spoonful of flax seed (fiber)
- Homemade granola (fiber) with fresh peaches (antioxidants)
- Fresh muesli (flavanoids, fiber, protein) topped with fresh berries (antioxidants) and bananas (potassium).
- Lox (protein and omega-3s) on whole grain toast (fiber) with a small smear of cream cheese
- Breakfast cookies loaded with bran cereal and flax seeds (fiber), carrots (vitamin A), cranberries (antioxidants) and walnuts (omega-3s)
Try them out and see the difference!