Repurposing Your Peeps
Are Peeps the fruitcake of Easterâ€”a necessary player, though not necessarily devoured? In our modern age of recycling and repurposing, here are some ideas to put your Peeps to good use:
- Entertain the kids by microwaving a Peep. Watch it quadruple in size while you make menacing sounds and warn them of a Peepocalypse.
- Or, turn the microwave activity into a sport with Peep jousting.
- Make Peep S’mores for a snack (sometimes called S’meeps).
- Create a Peep diorama to celebrate important moments in history, cinema, or literature.
- Enter your diorama in one of many national contests.
- Recreate a classic work of art, like Van Gogh’s Starry Night.
- Declare a Peep War, a game of edible strategy.
- Contact theÂ Peep fan club to see if any Peep aficionados would like your stash.
- Donate your extras for use in a Peep eating contest, like the one in Buffalo, NY.
- Make a batch of Marshmallow Peeps CupcakesÂ and share them with friends.
- Create an iPhone holderÂ or business card holder. Or both!
- Invite friends over for a Peep-tini cocktail.
Where do you stand on the topic of Peeps? Share your thoughts (or creative ideas for repurposing) in the comments section!