Repurposing Your Peeps
Are Peeps the fruitcake of Easter—a necessary player, though not necessarily devoured? In our modern age of recycling and repurposing, here are some ideas to put your Peeps to good use:
- Entertain the kids by microwaving a Peep. Watch it quadruple in size while you make menacing sounds and warn them of a Peepocalypse.
- Or, turn the microwave activity into a sport with Peep jousting.
- Make Peep S’mores for a snack (sometimes called S’meeps).
- Create a Peep diorama to celebrate important moments in history, cinema, or literature.
- Enter your diorama in one of many national contests.
- Recreate a classic work of art, like Van Gogh’s Starry Night.
- Declare a Peep War, a game of edible strategy.
- Contact the Peep fan club to see if any Peep aficionados would like your stash.
- Donate your extras for use in a Peep eating contest, like the one in Buffalo, NY.
- Make a batch of Marshmallow Peeps Cupcakes and share them with friends.
- Create an iPhone holder or business card holder. Or both!
- Invite friends over for a Peep-tini cocktail.
Where do you stand on the topic of Peeps? Share your thoughts (or creative ideas for repurposing) in the comments section!