Harmless Food Pranks for April Fool’s Day
April Fool’s Day is Monday, and in case you haven’t plotted out the perfect practical joke to play on your friends and family, I’ve gathered some harmless food pranks you can put to use. Perhaps this is the one occasion where it’s okay to play with your food. But be careful and rememberâ€”revenge is sweet!
- Replace the creamy white filling in Oreos with toothpaste.
- Fill a brownie pan with an even layer of sponges, then top with a thick layer of chocolate frosting.
- Place a chicken bullion cube in the shower head.
- Switch gravy with caramel sauce for mashed potatoes.
- Leave the plastic wrapping on a slice of American cheese in a sandwich.
- Prepare red Jell-O in your drinking glasses and pretend to serve punch for dinner.
- Make Chicken Pot Pies for dinner with this incredible lookalike.
- Replace deviled egg filling with yellow frosting and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Place plastic wrap over the tops of already-opened squeeze bottles.
- Spread a thin layer of vaseline around jar rims.
- Use several different drops of food coloring to change milk or coffee creamer a disturbing color.
- Wrap everything in the refrigerator individually in aluminum foil.
- Mix wasabi into guacamole.
- Place a life-like looking snake or mouse in a cereal box.
- Serve mashed potatoes and gravy in sundae glasses with a cherry tomato on top.
- Fill the cookie jar with dog treats.
- Create a caramel apple lookalike with an onion.
- Switch the cereal bags in your cereal boxes.
- Serve your friends or family this hideous-looking kitty litter cake.
- Blow out eggs and replace them in the carton, or fake a spill.
- These chocolate chip cookie look alikes are pretty clever and I hear they’re delicious with salsa.
Do you have a favorite food prank? Share it in the comments section!