Smile! It’s National Smile Week
Today marks the beginning of National Smile Week! To celebrate, here are five amazing facts about smiling:
1. Smiles are contagious. A study conducted in Sweden showed that people had difficulty frowning when looking at people who were smiling. In some cases, their facial muscles seemed to twitch involuntarily into a smile!
2. Forcing yourself to smile can improve your mood. When you smile, your body immediately releases endorphins (hormones that make you feel happy), even if the smile is forced. Your stress level goes down and your mood goes up and your immune system is strengthened.
3. Smiling may get you promoted. People who smile appear more confident, attractive, and sociable, and are more likely to be promoted.
4. You were born to smile. Smiling isn’t learned by imitation. Even blind babies smile to express happiness or pleasure.
5. A smile is the most universally recognized social expression. Smiles translate into virtually every culture, language, and Â social context and can be recognized up to 300 feet away.
Smiles are a big part of the culture at Mrs. Fields. We’ve been in the business of selling and sharing smiles for 35 years now. We absolutely love knowing that every time our cookies and brownies are shared and enjoyed, there is always a smile to accompany them.
In honor of National Smile Week, we’re offering 15% off your purchases at Mrs. Fields, so you can send a smile to somebody you love. Â Simply use code 12LEP at checkout. And if you need some gift ideas, check out my favorite smile-inducing gifts below.