15 Ways to Kick Up Your S’mores
Sure, the simplicity of a campfire s’more is one of the beauties of summer, but here are some fun ways to improve upon a classic. Try them out and you might have a new favorite summer snack.
- Add a schmear of peanut butter to a one side of graham cracker.
- Add a dash of ground cinnamon and/or cayenne pepper directly to chocolate for a delicious heat.
- Instead of plain chocolate bars, chop up your favorite candy bars.
- Flavored marshmallows are everywhere now. Experiment with different flavors like caramel, and German Chocolate.
- Add a slice of pineapple to add some tang to the ooey gooey. Better yet, roast it along with the marshmallow.
- Sandwich your s’more between two of your favorite cookies.
- No campfire around? Create the same flavor in a cereal bar.
- Replace graham crackers with a spliced cake donut. Why not?
- Create a s’more sundae by topping a warm s’more with your favorite ice cream and hot fudge sauce.
- Add fresh slices of banana to your s’more. Or add s’more ingredients to your banana.
- A sprinkle of puffed rice cereal on top of the melted chocolate adds a great crunch.
- Crushed peanuts, cashews, walnuts, or pistachios make a tasty addition. (A favorite of grownups!)
- Substitute creamy Nutella spread for chocolate bars.
- Use white chocolate instead of milk chocolate for a creamy, dreamy alternative.
- Not a fan of chocolate? Substitute your favorite fruit spread. You’ll be surprised how great it tastes with melted marshmallow.
And my favorite idea? Invite your friends for a S’mores Cookoff and see what ideas they come up with to share!