Celebrate Grandparents Day with a Memory Book
Next Sunday is Grandparents Day and there’s no better way to celebrate than creating a memory book, put together by the family and presented to Grandma and Grandpa. It’s a guaranteed out-of-the-park home run, filled with love and nostalgia (two things grandparents go gaga for). Â Purchase a simple three-ring binder and fill it with special memories. Need some inspiration? Try these ideas:
- Write a letter about a special memory you have of them.
- Draw a picture of yourself with them. (This is especially fun for adult grandchildren!)
- Imagine what life was like when Grandma and Grandpa were young and put it on paper.
- Retell your favorite family stories from Grandma or Grandpa.
- Write about your earliest memory of your grandparents.
- Photocopy a picture of Grandma or Grandpa’s next to a photocopy of yours. Use a marker to point out similarities between the two.
- List your favorite attributes of each of them.
- Senses are so closely tied to memories. What does Grandpa’s voice sound like? What smells remind you of Grandma’s kitchen? What does the skin on their hands feel like? What are the sounds of their home?
- What recipes were handed down to you from your grandparents? Share your thoughts and a picture of the dish.
- Draw or photograph a picture of their home.
- Grandparents are great at gushing over their grandkids accomplishments, but reverse rolls and write about why you’re proud of them.
HINT: Don’t have time to put this together now? This idea is also perfect for a Christmas gift.
Have any other ideas? Share them in the comments section! And don’t forget that we’re still offering free personalization on all gifts at Mrs. Fields through September 30. (Grandparents love personalized gifts!) Shop the entire category and use code 11MER at checkout.
Image via Pinterest.