The Best April Fool's Pranks
Friday is April Fool’s Day, so now is the time to summon your inner prankster and plan some mischief. Here are some fun (and harmless) tricks to play on your friends and family:
- Place inconspicuous strips of bubble wrap underneath the toilet seat. The next person to sit down will get a surprising POP!
- Find a cake-shaped dish or box and frost it with a thick layer of frosting and wait for someone to dig in.
- Hide the speaker side of a baby monitor in a room where someone is working or relaxing. Using the microphone side in another room, make strange noises periodically that get louder and louder.
- Go into the settings on someone’s email and change the language preference.
- Glue a quarter to the ground and watch people try to pick it up.
- Tape the underside sensor of a computer mouse.
- Empty the dresser drawers and put them back in upside down.
- Put a raisin in the toothpaste tube. It will look like a bug when it gets squeezed out!
- Remove the cap on the shampoo bottle and cover the opening with plastic wrap before putting the cap back on.
- Use the iPhone App, “Dude, Your Car!” to manipulate a photo of a friend’s car into looking wrecked, dinged, and dented.
- Switch the “Pull” and “Push” signs on a door.
- Affix a strong magnet to the bottom of an empty coffee cup. Place the cup on the roof of your car above the driver’s door and drive around town.
- Replace the sports section of the day’s newspaper with the sports pages from last week.
- Stuff cotton balls in the toes of your family’s shoes.
- Completely fill the interior of someone’s car with balloons.
- When the owner is not around, turn backpacks and purses completely inside out and return all the contents.
- Stand outside a window while someone is watching TV and with a universal remote, randomly change the channel and volume.
- Swap the entire contents of one kitchen cabinet with that of another.
- Put salt all over the household toothbrushes.
- Make “juice” out of water and food coloring and serve it with breakfast.
- Switch the book covers on your kids’ text books.
- Make caramel-dipped apples with onions instead.
- Hard boil all the eggs, then request an omelette.
- Hide gummi worms in whatever you’re serving for dinner.
- Take the lazy approach and hint that you’re planning a great April Fool’s day prank, and then don’t do anything. It will drive them nuts trying to anticipate!
What are your favorite April Fool’s pranks? Share them in the comments section!