Nurses Week is Coming!
Nurses Week is coming up, May 6-12, 2010, so mark your calendar now. Whether you’re a grateful doctor, office manager, or patient, we’ve got a collection of gifts to thank these selfless givers.
While we’re on the subject, here’s something fun that landed in my inbox:
Top 10 Reasons to Become a Nurse
1. It pays better than fast food, though the hours aren’t quite as good.
2. Fashionable white shoes and flattering uniforms.
3. Needles: It’s better to give than receive.
4. Reassuring patients that the bleeding always stops…eventually.
5. Exposure to rare, exotic, and exciting new diseases!
6. New and interesting aromas.
7. Working with courteous and infallible doctors who always leave clear orders in perfectly legible handwriting.
8. Doing enough charting to navigate around the world.
9. Celebrating holidays with all of your friends, at work.
10. Getting the chance to know that you make a difference. Every single day.
Check back for more gift ideas for Nurses Week in the coming days!
In other news, did you watch The Office last night? There was a surprise mention of Mrs. Fields! If you missed it, check out the zany episode here. (Mrs. Fields is mentioned around 10:00.)