Head Over Heels Box
Valentine's Day is not just for couples, it's a day for celebrating love and that includes for yourself. So get inspired and show a little love...to you!
- Spend a day of indulgence, whether that means sleeping in or meeting friends for a fancy brunch or scheduling a spa treatment. Clear your calendar of obligations, then fill it up with things that make you feel rejuvenated and valued and special.
- Take yourself out to a movie. Your choice, your time, your popcorn, your candy. It's a private little luxury to sit and enjoy a movie all by yourself. Try it.
- Volunteer with an organization you care about. Nothing makes you feel quite as good as service, especially to an individual or organization that is meaningful to you. Whether it's an hour, the whole day day, or a regular commitment, giving a little bit of yourself is valuable to you too.
- Learn something new. There's probably something you've always wanted to do, but just haven't found the time. Get out of your comfort zone and sign up for a workshop, seek out a mentor, or register for a course. It's never too late to admit to yourself that you're worth the investment of time.
- Get a new haircut. Mix it up with a new cut or color and introduce yourself to the new and improved you.
- Set a goal and break it down. Always wanted to travel to Paris? What would it take to get there? Pick a reasonable date and set it, then break down all the little pieces to make it happen.
- Treat a random stranger. Want a rush of joy? Pay for someone's coffee. Add some change to a parking meter. Leave anonymous notes tucked in benches that say things like, "You're a great person!"
- Reread a favorite book. Going back to an old book is like reconnecting with an old friend. You'll be surprised at things you missed the first time around, how your perspective has changed with time and maturity. You'll discover a lot about yourself.
- Write a list of all the things you love about yourself. Go ahead, don't be shy. You know you've got great teeth, a killer laugh, and an undeniable knack for supporting your friends. Admit it. Write the list and post it somewhere you can review it often.
- Gift yourself! Order yourself a thoughtful gift, and have it delivered to you. Be sure to fill out the gift enclosure with something thoughtful like, "You deserve this." It's fun and empowering.