Ah, the slumber party, a kid’s dream come true. But a slumber party can be a parent’s worst nightmare without some good planning. Check out these great tips and ideas for making your party one that everybody enjoys!
1. Sleep masks made of felt are a fun activity and party favor (plus, they actually encourage sleep!).
2. These Pizza Pops are tasty, portable and a fun spin on regular pizza.
3. Popcorn is a perfect treat for slumber parties. It’s not too sweet and it’s easy to vacuum! Consider setting out some fun mix-ins too, like m&m’s and pretzels.
4. For breakfast, serve french toast on a stick. Another fun twist on a classic and you don’t have to worry about having everyone seated at the table.
5. No slumber party is complete without karaoke. Gather a fake microphone and some rockstar costumes to enhance the experience.
6. Using sheets, pillows and strings of Christmas lights, you can create a magical fort, perfect for ghost stories.
7. Write out different activities and put them each inside a helium balloon with a time written on it. This will keep the party moving along and keep an element of surprise going all throughout the party.
TIP: Be prepared for late night homesickness by making sure you have all parents’ phone numbers and cell phone numbers handy.
TIP: Avoid frustration by making any house rules clear at the beginning of party.
TIP: Slumber parties rarely involve any slumber. Clear your calendar for the following day for plenty of rest!