I love pancakes, but sometimes they can get a little… ordinary. So, I always try to dress mine up to make them more interesting. The next time you pull out your pancake mix for breakfast, try one of these simple ideas to turn a hum-drum pancake into a blissful breakfast:
- Take an over-ripe banana, mash it up, and mix it in. You’ll go bananas for it.
- Add a cup of blueberries and the zest of one lemon to your prepared mix–mmmm.
- Add 1/2 cup canned pumpkin, 2 T. sugar, 1 t. cinnamon, and 1/4 t. nutmeg for delicious pumpkin pancakes. Perfect on a fall morning.
- Add the juice of 1 lemon, plus the zest, plus 1/2 cup plain yogurt or ricotta cheese to your prepared mix. Whoa!
- Add 1/2 cup peeled, diced apples plus 1/2 t. cinnamon to prepared mix for apple pie pancakes. Fresh maple syrup on top will make it perfection.
Those are my ideas. How do you dress up a pancake?