Mayonnaise and mustard are more than just condiments in your fridge, they are wonder items ready to come to your rescue. Check out these 10 amazing tips using regular items in your kitchen:
- Mayonnaise can erase water stains and rings from wood furniture. Smear some on the affected area, allow it to sit for 1-2 minutes, then buff with a dry rag. Repeat if necessary.
- Burned your hand on the cookie sheet? Rinse with cold water for five minutes, then coat the burn with mustard and a band-aid for pain relief.
- Trouble lighting all your candles with matches? Light an uncooked spaghetti noodle. It burns slower than wooden matchsticks and can access hard-to-reach wicks.
- Spray your votive candle holders with non-stick spray. Leftover wax will slide right out!
- Throw baking soda on a grease fire for an instant smother.
- Did you know that marshmallows can soothe a sore throat? Neither did I, but it’s true! The gelatin in the marshmallow coats and soothes inflammation.
- Use a cereal bowl to serve as a speaker for your iPhone. No cords needed for incredible sound!
- Tired of that tough, sealed plastic product packaging? Use a can opener along the edges to open it with ease.
- Rejuvenate a scratched-up DVD or CD by rubbing a banana over the scratched surface in a circular motion. Next, wipe it with the banana peel, which contains wax. Finally, buff the disc with a clean cloth in a circular motion. If debris remains, use a glass cleaner.
- Add a few drops of vodka and a teaspoon of sugar to the water in a vase of flowers to make them last up to twice as long.
Do you have a great tip? Share it in the comments section.