If it’s too hot outside and the kids are getting restless, why not get creative to beat this summer boredom? Open up your arts and crafts closet, pull out your stuff, and have the kids create their own greeting cards for a year’s worth of occasions. The kids can eliminate their boredom with a little creativity and you’ll be thanking yourself again and again during the busy occasions ahead for utilizing this down time! Check out these ideas for inspiration:
1. Turn a handprint into Santa’s beard with this clever holiday card. (Can you imagine the bragging rights you’ll earn if you get your holiday cards made in July?)
2. Transform wine corks into custom stamps to create these handmade valentine cards.
3. Pick some flowers from the yard and use them as stamps to create a delicate design for an anytime card.
4. Create designs with a white crayon on card stock, then use watercolors on top to create a beautiful reverse design.
5. Cupcake liners from the kitchen cupboard paired with tissue paper and fuzzy poms transform into colorful birthday cupcake cards.
Do you have a favorite boredom buster? Share your ideas in the comments section.