If you’re taking a dish to an all-day party this weekend, or playing hostess yourself, it’s a good idea to think about recipes that can be enjoyed at room temperature. Make them in the morning, set them out cold, and forget about tending to them for hours—they’ll still be delicious and safe to eat. That means less hassle for you and more time to party.
1. This Caramelized Onion Dip is unbelievably good and actually tastes best at room temperature.
2. My Fresh Corn and Tomato Salad is a must-have at any picnic. Bright, colorful and delicious all day.
3. Try these Sweet Potato and Sausage Squares as a savory and sweet appetizer or finger food.
4. Our southern friends can testify that good old Fried Chicken is delicious at room temperature. Once it’s fully cooked, it can sit at room temperature for 4-5 hours safely, but I doubt it will last that long.
6. This Pound Cake Tiramisu is fluffy, decadent, and can handle several hours on the counter top. Perfect for potluck.
Do you have any favorite room temperature recipes? Share them in the comments section!